|Description: This simple insignia
represents our first summer camp as Eastern Arkansas Council. Named for the
primary ridgeline in eastern Arkansas, Camp Crowley was operated from the
Vanndale area for a single summer using the site of an abandoned Civilian
Conservations Corps (CCC) camp located approximately 5 miles south of town.
Col. Neal Snyder, our council camping chairman played the instrumental role in setting up the camp. Robert C. Lundquist, who was also our first council executive, served as director, leading a staff of 15-18. The camp operated for four weeks, costing each Scout $5.00.
The simple Blue felt insigina in the shape of a tee-pee is unusual in that it contains no features to signify it is even a BSA patch. The only markings are the "C" and "1936.
|Camp Location: Vanndale, Arkansas.
Dates Operated: July 27 - August 24, 1936.
Characteristics: Dark Blue or Green felt; Whitish printing.
|Back to Early Camp Issues Index|
Copyright © 2000-2016
EAAC Historical Preservation Society
Rev 14 Jul 2016 sw