|Description: In 1937, we moved our
official council campgrounds to the state park west of Paragould near Walcott.
The site served us well for the two years we were there. Council Executive
Robert C. Lundquist again served as camp director with Leon Smith serving as
head of the handicraft division. This facility allowed use of log cabins from
the state park that could house up to twelve Scouts, as well as two daily swim
periods in the lake, which also had diving tower.
Each week 25 honor campers were recognized, with a medal being presented to the top outstanding camper of each week. Cost of the camp was $7.00 per week. Many residents of northeast Arkansas gained their first exposure to Scouts through their visits to this popular state park, concurrently, with numerous young Scouts. The insigina for the camp was an arrowhead shaped felt, printed with "Camp Crowley BSA 1937.
|Camp Location: Crowley Ridge State Park, Near Paragould,
Dates Operated: July 26 - August 23, 1936.
Characteristics: Dark Blue or Green felt; Whitish printing.
|Back to Early Camp Issues Index|
Copyright © 2000-2016
EAAC Historical Preservation Society
Rev 14 Jul 2016 sw